Sunday, August 24, 2008

Arriving in St. Louis

I have just arrived in St. Louis after 4 days of driving across middle America. This was my tenth time driving from the west coast to the mid-west and I plan to be here for three months. I did the drive with my dad this time, and together we ruled I-50 and I-70 all the way from the Golden Gate to the Gateway Arch.


Nikon D3 with 35mm f2, 100 ISO, f4 at 1/200 of a sec

I will be living in this great room to myself on top of a detached garage from the house of another photographer from the paper I will be working at, the St. Louis Post Dispatch. Technically I am in a western suburb, Western Groves, which appears to have some historic downtown. More on that another time.


Nikon D3 with 35mm f2, 800 ISO, f4 at 1/100 of a sec

I start my internship at the St. Louis Post Dispatch tomorrow. I am extremely excited and have very high hopes for this next season of work. I took the Summer off and am now very eager to start assignments again. Pictures of friends are great, but I am ready to move on.

5 comments:

Christina Gray said...

It's good to see that Rolly made the trip, overalls and all.

Stacy said...

Sweet apartment!! I recognized your awesomely soft comforter. Maybe I can come visit STL before I move out east?

Ian said...

There seems to be a shortage of couches for me to crash on.

Unknown said...

The place looks great man! I loved all the stuff from the trip. makes me want to do a crazy long trip around Europe.Good luck at the paper. Im at school now so drop me a line if you feel the need to come to Bowling green, ky at all.

Roxana said...

beck your room is really cute. i hope you update soon, i'm eager to see what you've been assigned to shoot so far.